Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (3)

Old problem...new loach...

Posted By: Lea <loachie@excite.com>
Date: Thursday, 2 November 2000, at 10:32 p.m.

Hi Everyone,

I have been reading the most recent posts and I know that this problem is not new...but please bear with me as I describe what has happened so far...I am not sure if I am making my loach suffer more than it has to...but we thought he was getting better...

Anyway, it started when we had about 10 1.5-2 inch loaches in a 10 gallon quarantine tank. This tank has a mini aqua-clear with a bubble wand. Had the temperature constantly at 84 degrees for fear of ich. They were all happy, playing and eating when one day we realized that one of them was panting a lot. We quickly moved out 8 of them (probably around Oct 14th) into another tank, without finishing the quarantine, only 1 week into it (by the way these 8 are now down to 5 in the last 2 days...have ich...but that's ano