Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (3)

Loach Feeding Problem.. NEED ASAP HELP!

Posted By: Matt
Date: Sunday, 5 November 2000, at 8:12 a.m.

hey all...

i have a big problem and i need help :)
I have 3 loaches in my tank with about 12 other different kinds of fish. I recently had the problem of ICH and luckily only lost one loach. It was because of this, that i bought the other two. My one loach was lonely so i brought him company.
Anwyays, these two new loaches (About an inch in size) dont know how to eat whatsoever. I mean, i drop flakes, and they swim towards it but never catch them in their mouth. I drop pellets, they just walk over to them, taste em, and walk away ( i think they try to wait until they get a little softer but all the other fish eat them before that). The past 3 days, they haven't eaten anything, and now just rest on the rock and dont move alot. They have gotten alot weaker and i'm getting afraid. How do i get them to eat?
Thanks in advance

Matt

&n