Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (3)

The Late, But Great Eli He will Be Missed

Posted By: Suzanne <Loachfreaks@earthlink.net>
Date: Sunday, 5 November 2000, at 12:16 p.m.

Hello everyone,

I'm sure that some of you are familiar with the "non-loach" love of my tanks, Eli. I know this is off subject but this hits so close to me and you guys are my family.

Eli was a Hand fed spiny peacock eel who thought he was a loach. He loved to school with my clowns and occasionally sparred or even slept in their pile. I have owned him for over a year and he has brought me much joy and was the main reason i started watching my fish so intently.

He came down with a strange disease. He lost color in his midsection and developed a few ulcers. He also had very labored breathing and ultimately had mucous streaming from his gills which were red and inflamed. It is still a mystery to me. He passed at 11:55 AM