Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (3)

Mojo the bumpy dojo and his perplexed owner

Posted By: Tibor <tibor@tiborsrealm.com>
Date: Tuesday, 7 November 2000, at 8:11 p.m.

Hi all,

Well, I have now been treating my 55 with the Melafix for four days. A minute ago I saw Mojo resting on the sand in front of his plant so I kneeled down to look him over. Still bumpy, more on his flanks now. "What am I going to do with you?" I asked. He leaned away from me slightly and looked at me as if to say "I dunno, what ARE you going to do?"

My next step is to move him to the 20-gallon. He is NOT going to appreciate this, I can tell you guys now. But there's nothing to hurt himself on there, and no angels to potentially peck at him when he's not looking. I caught him chasing and trying to attach to my largest clown yesterday morning; could they be doing this? I guess that's the next logical step. MelaFix (heck, no med, I suspect) can fix this for him; I think these bumps are going away and new ones appearing. His rear was nearly spotless a few days ago, and riddled with them several days previous. He's had it for two weeks now; definitely not ick. Odd thing is, the Angels were acclimated with him three or four weeks ago, so why so long to appear? I'm a confused fishlover here.

But that's my update; now to grab the net. He's gonna gimme one of those "Why you do this to me?" looks, I just know it. Anyone know how to make a loachie wet suit?

Tibor.

Messages In This Thread

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (3) is maintained by Jeff Shafer with WebBBS 4.33.