Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (3)

More botia questions

Posted By: Iris <iris6@aol.com>
Date: Thursday, 9 November 2000, at 12:30 a.m.

Hi, folks...how big do rostratas get? It doesn't say in the species index, only that young ones grow quickly, and the one reference I found in the archives in an admittedly quick search says maybe 4 inches but not sure of max size...I need to know because...

I HAVE ONE!!!! :-) :-)

The little guy was swimming around so fast in the lfs (and in the bag) that all I could determine was "small fast botia" until I got him home...he's having to reside with my discus until I decide what to do with him, so I hope they don't bother each other, but I think the rummynose tetras will help him feel secure, and I'm adding more hiding places...I know I'll have to find him some buddies but I've never seen a live rostrata before, so who can he get along with? Not the modestas, I'm sure of that...yoyos?

Iris - I'm crazy, I know, but I had to have him :-)

Messages In This Thread

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg |