Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (3)

Botia personalities- my experiences- any rec'd?

Posted By: SteveK
Date: Saturday, 11 November 2000, at 8:57 p.m.

I have always liked the clown loaches. Most everyone is familiar with there behaviors in groups and alone. I have kept other botia and some I liked and others I did not. I like the Yo-yo loaches. They are more curious and more solitary than clowns. I will definitely put them in my new tank. I had a lone skunk loaches that was just plain mean. He always chased my clowns and made very loud clicking noises. Interesting, but he went back to the store. The green tiger botia were curious to the point of being annoying to most all other fish in the tank. I probably won't get them. The orange finned loaches were to lax. They didn't do much other than hang out. Kind of boring. Does anyone have a recommnedation on loaches with personalities similiar to clowns/ yo-yo's? There are many I have never kept. TIA

SteveK

Messages In This Thread