Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (3)

Clown loach sleeping habits

Posted By: Tam Orr <tam.orr@bigfoot.com>
Date: Sunday, 12 November 2000, at 7:26 a.m.

Well my origanal 3 never seem to perform the sleeping on the side that I had heard about but the new tiddler faked his own death yesterday and although I knew they did that kind of thing it still frightened the watsit out of me!!!

There is a small rock in the gravel which due to the clown loach build up we get there is cristened pride rock. He sits there and does this slow tilt on to one side (for those of you with dogs and cats its rather like when they are falling asleep sitting or standing up)He gently rolls on to one side and if a silver shark swims by quickly and creates a current he can float belly up!! All other behavior is normal. Is this the sleeping on side behavior that everyone talks about?

It has let me see his belly and he has a tiny black spot on his belly i