Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (3)

Weather loaches

Posted By: Elf <lin@totalchange.com>
Date: Wednesday, 15 November 2000, at 6:54 p.m.

When I went to my lfs over the weekend, I noticed some weather loaches. These were in a tank with some Shubunkins. I've got a pair of Shubunkins, which are going to be moved to a larger home in the near future, would one (or more) of these loaches be a suitable companion, or is this one of those annoying things fish shops seem to do and you only find out later that they're not compatable?
The Shubunkins old home will be converted into a quarantine tank to prevent any more disasters...
I haven't figured out what size tank I'm going to get yet, I'd just like to get some information so I don't do the wrong thing as i know nothing about the Weather Loach. Any information would be greatly recieved - is it suitable to go with the Shubunkins, what's the minimum tank size, what substrate???
Thanks
Elf

Messages In This Thread

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (3) is maintained by Jeff Shafer with WebBBS 4.33.