Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (3)

Clown Loach vs. Pleco

Posted By: Ovid <mnerdahl@students.wisc.edu>
Date: Thursday, 16 November 2000, at 10:34 p.m.

I've got two clown loaches that I've had for several months. They joined a tank that had 3 tetras, 5 white rain minnows, a gold gourami, and a pleco.

The issue is with the pleco. For about the last week one of the loaches has been biting chunks out of the pleco's tail. The pleco, of course, wants nothing to do with the loaches and stays as far away as possible, but every so often the loach bites his tail.

I saw a message posted below which said that small loaches which attacked Danios might be hungry. Mine are about 2.5 to 3 inches long, and I was wondering if that means that the poor guy is chomping the pleco out of hunger. If you think so, what would you recommend I feed them and how often?

Currently, I give them bloodworms once a day (which all the fish love to eat, but