Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (3)

What Do You Have...

Posted By: Joe Loach <jloach@onlinetoday.com>
Date: Sunday, 19 November 2000, at 2:46 p.m.

...in your Loach tanks?

I've been away from this board for a while, and I just wanted to get caught up to speed with what others now have, and to share what I keep right now.

I know that many of you have multiple tanks. I used to have a whole house full of tanks. Now, I have only a 80 gal, and my daugher's 20.

Here's what I have in my 80 at this time:

8 B. sidthimunki (Although I'm now wondering if they really are sids -- because the chain pattern is beginning to break down on a few of them) They are 3 - 4", with one in the 4 1/2 - 5" TL range.
2 B. histrionica -- 3" TL
1 Parabotia maculosa?-- 3 1/2" TL
1 Leopard Spot Ctenopoma
4 True SAEs 4 - 4 1/2" TL
7 Scissortail Rasboras
2 Freshwater Butterfly Fish
3 Corydoras sterbai -- 2 1/2" TL
1 Shistura savona (See Martin's River Tank article)
1 Synodontis alberti

If you've noticed, I keep black, white, brown, and gray fish. I always have...and I don't know why! :-) I will get colorful ones upon occasion, but always end up with "interesting personalities" instead of outward color. Sheesh!

I was looking for schooling fish a couple of weeks back. I looked at all the schooling fish in the LFS and ended up with Scissortails!!! I just love their movement. Not jerky or fright-like, but smooth and calming. They also can get up to 6" in length, which is an advantage with a Ctenopoma, which will swallow smaller fish.

What do other keep with their loaches?

JL

Messages In This Thread