Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (3)

My Modesta Died!!!!

Posted By: Matt M <yamaha_225@hotmail.com>
Date: Sunday, 19 November 2000, at 8:34 p.m.

I have 3 modestas and I have had them for about 6 months. I just love them to death and they are so neat. This morning, they were all just fine and nothing special was going on but later in the day I noticed that one of them wasn't swimming, which isn't normal for mine! I continued watching him and the others would come up to him and nudge him trying to get him to play. He would swim a little way and then just stop. About 5 minutes later, he got near the intake on my HOT Mag and just sucked right up to it and didn't even bother swimming away. I turned it off and he swam erratically away from it and landed on his side. After a few more minutes he began swimming ferry fast and erratically around the tank. He ran into the glass and hit the gravel and then the rock in the tank and was flipping upside