Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (3)

how did you get started in this hobby

Posted By: mwan <miles_Wan@hotmail.com>
Date: Monday, 20 November 2000, at 11:22 a.m.

I was reading the "what do you have thread" and saw Jim mentioned that he started with a 10 galleon 18 months ago... One thing is for sure this is one addictive hobby. My wife and I purchsed a 10G for some minnows, baby trout and crayfish we caught in a local stream... well not enough colour so we freed the masses and went on a research tour to find out what fishes we wanted, well Marine was the most colourful but seemed to be much to difficult for novices like us ( Note this was August of this year!) So we discovered africans... and Clowns ( of course) Fortunately I have a good friend who was in the hobby and is on a hiatus ( I supposed those 2 horse sized newfoundlands have something to do with it!) well we "borrowed" a 29 and associated equipment and we were off to the races... that one quickly filled and so we burrowed a 48 moved those fishes and got some more well 2 of those got pregnant so we had to get a maternity tank, ( so now we are up to a 10 (hospital) a 15 maternity, a 30 assorted africans and 6 striatas and the 48... then we saw all those lovely pictures of Bob's (It's all his fault!!!! :) ) off to the races 135 here we come.... AHHHHHHH it here its huge it beautiful but my question is does it ever end????

Miles

Messages In This Thread