Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (3)

pair bonding??

Posted By: Elf <lin@totalchange.com>
Date: Monday, 20 November 2000, at 6:03 p.m.

Do clowns pair bond? The 2 I've got at the moment seem to be really good mates. Since the little clown died, there's been no greying out or shoving around. The smaller one, Jose (1 1/2) inches follows the larger one, Pedro (2 inches) around everywhere and lies on top of him when they go to sleep. No sign of any scrapping like other people have reported.

I originally had these 2 for about a month, then I added the little guy who recently died. Pedro didn't take much notice of him, but Jose seemed to be grayed out most of the time. The little loach didn't seem to bother him at all, apart from joining in the evening loachy dance. Now the little loach has gone to the big fishtank in the sky things have returned to normal. An