Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (3)

Too Late!

Posted By: Greg G <mrg@conl.net>
Date: Thursday, 23 November 2000, at 6:08 p.m.

First let me say to Ed, Jim and Dave; thanks for the quick responses. Sadly I had to say goodbye to my dojo friend today, he was on his back, had lost all color and was quite bloated. as far as the tank conditions, I am not an expert but have always kept the temp at 75-76deg. I clean the gravel and change the water about once a month and check the water condition about once a week.
All the other tankmates are doing fine but I have to admit I did add a small plecostimus(sp.?) about a month ago. I have a variety of fish, about 10 total, in a 35gal hex tank.
I plan on isolating the new fish and thoroughly cleaning the tank before I get a new dojo. I really like the species and can't imagine having a tank without one.
Again; thank you for the advice and your help. I will keep in touch, Happy turkey day!