Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (3)

Good Dojos..........

Posted By: jim <jdebonis@rocketmail.com>
Date: Friday, 24 November 2000, at 10:15 p.m.

A dojo I lost last June always ate out of my hand and I've missed him tremendously since his death. I've tried several times to work my others into doing the same with brief success. There have been a couple of times where they come close or maybe will take a small nibble and dash.

Today prior to the lights coming on in my 75gal I noticed my dojos had done some rearranging of the larger rocks which I had made into a cave. I moved the rocks back and noticed that the dojos didn't even flinch and I even kind of petted their sides a little w/o sudden movements. For some reason I grabbed some shrimp pellets and kept 2-3 in my fingers w/o dropping any into the water. Both of my larger dojos came up to me and started nibbling and when the pellets were gone they started rubbing up against my hand. I