Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (3)

Lohachata,Dario, .......?????

Posted By: Eric L
Date: Saturday, 25 November 2000, at 11:45 p.m.

I notice alot of people keep different species of botias together in small schools.How would they get along if I kept single specimens of two or three different botias together?Specifically,I'm tempted to add a B.Dario to a 100 gallon tank where there is already a B.Lohachata.Would they fight similarly to when just two of the flying fox,red tailed shark,rainbow shark types are housed together?Would it be better to add one B.Dario and one other botia type at the same time?I frequently see cheap skunk loaches for sale.I could probably afford to get one of these at the same time as the B.Dario.I've read that this species can shred fins of even strong fast cyprinids.That scares me,but I don't often see others besides them available.The Blue types are too large for my tastes and so are the grey spotted long snouted types I've seen every so often.I did see a "pakistani loach"recent