Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (3)

Is it me...or are these clowns smarter than I am?

Posted By: Amy H <ahorton@intranets.com>
Date: Monday, 27 November 2000, at 12:09 p.m.

Ok...here's the deal. I have three clown loaches with major attitude housed with 4 blue dwarf gouramis in a 29 gallon tank. Complaints? NONE! I have to say, I've been fishkeeping for a while, and the clowns have thus far been the most entertaining and energetic little guys I've ever had. The clicking, the dancing, the games of tag...it's non-stop. However, and let me know if I'm pushing it here, I think they seem to be displaying a level of intelligence that I wouldn't expect from a fish. They are fed daily at 7:30am and 7:30pm...and a missed feeding results in a cacophony of clicks and crackles from the tank that can be heard in other rooms of the house! Also, they seem to be taunting the other wildlife in my home...posturing for the cat and attempting to have staring contests, dragging the gouramis around by their tails then pushing them up through the bubble curtain (no harm to gouramis...they don't seem to mind).

Am I spending too much time near the tank, or are these little dudes cognizant enough to actually plot a day's entertainment? They have caves and plants to hide and play in, but I'm wondering if another form of entertainment is needed for them (e.g. live food). Thanks so much!

Messages In This Thread

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (3) is maintained by Jeff Shafer with WebBBS 4.33.