Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (3)

What kind of companions can my dojos have?

Posted By: Cheri <csmith444@hotmail.com>
Date: Saturday, 2 December 2000, at 7:56 p.m.

I have 3 weather dojos (1 standard, and 2 albinos.) I originally had goldfish and purchased my first 2 albino dojos. The goldfish started getting sick and dying, and one of the first 2 dojos did not make it. I eventually got rid of all of the goldfish and added 1 standard and another albino dojo to the tank (no goldfish.) They have all thrived and done well. I seem to have a problem with brown algae on the sides of my tank and would like to know if an algae eater or snails would be OK. I have read that the dojos may eat the snails, so I don't know how productive this will be. I do not want to introduce any other fish that could harm their health due to higher PH levels (like the goldfish - as they are VERY dirty fish.) or that they