Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (3)

injured clown loach

Posted By: dee wiltsie <moosecrow@gateway.net>
Date: Wednesday, 6 December 2000, at 12:28 a.m.

Hi,
2 of my loaches ended up in my Emperor filter! Removed them both and thought they were o.k. Now 2 days later, one of the loaches appears to have been attacked. His skin has sloughed off from the start of the tail fin back. His whole tail fin is almost completely gone. Don't know if that's from the filter or an attack or a combination of both (being in filter stressed him out, ect..) I have separated him from the other fish in a breeding net and have poured some stress coat over him but don't know what else to do. He can't swim as he has very little tail fin. I'm afraid he's in pain but if he can recover I want to help him. He's my favorite fish. Any suggestions are welcome!! Thanks

Messages In This Thread