Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (3)

Fish attack Plants!!

Posted By: Maureen <maureen@kramerdog.com>
Date: Thursday, 7 December 2000, at 1:48 p.m.

I'm not sure why, but my fish have started a war on my plants recently. Mr. Huge, my fat clown loach, has started uprooting stem plants like crazy. He favors the left rear corner of the tank as a hangout, and for some reason nothing will stay under the gravel back there at the moment. He even uprooted a swordplant last week.

Scooby, my second fattest clown loach, has decided that anything about 1 foot left of center and 2 inches from the front glass is edible. He only eats plants that I put in this exact spot, but whatever I put there gets eaten.

Then, I got some sunset hygro from a friend and it started growing like crazy. It was gorgeous. After I had it about 2 weeks, my angelfish decided it was yummy, and they have been munching the new leaves off as fast as they sprout. I have tried f