Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (3)

loaches??? yes or no?

Posted By: Jermand <jermand@dotcool.com>
Date: Tuesday, 12 December 2000, at 7:30 a.m.

Hi there Iam getting a new tank over xmas and as of et I dont know the size of it, as it is ment to be a surprise... I know it will fit on my big desk. What I want to ask is I know that loaches like to be in groups of three.... but is it better to have 2-3 species of loach (about 3 of each) who have the same requirements or 1-2 loaches of a different species....

Without doing the research and just trying to explain it now is it better to have 4clowns and 4yoyos or is it better to have 2clows, 1 skunk,2 blues, 2 yoyos and 2 khulies..... I know they wont get on but they are just loaches I can remember of the top of my head. Hope someone out there can understand my question sorry its so complic