Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (3)

Loach Family Story (Cute)....

Posted By: Matt <superm@canada.com>
Date: Wednesday, 13 December 2000, at 11:49 p.m.

hey all..

i just had a very "warm" loach experience that i wanted to share with all you clown lovers...

okay..ummm..recently, my 40 gallon tank became infected with ICK... for some unknown reason, my only two clown loaches ( about 1 inch and a half each ) were the only ones infected. I immediately began the curing process and after about one week, cured the tank. All was fine and dandy except for the one loach.. he had trouble swimming and wouldn't eat. I tried to manually feed him yet he wouldn't even touch the food. I was not the only one concerned. The other loach did nothing but stay with him... he built him a little cozy hole in the stones and let him lay there... not more than 8 hours later, he died!
For the next 5 days, my survived clown layed in the hole and