Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (3)

PetSmart clowns with ICK

Posted By: Losobug <losobug@dnc.net>
Date: Tuesday, 19 December 2000, at 2:14 p.m.

I saw the discussion on petsmart on the list. I have to tell you my experience with one store in Oreogon. It was sick! They had one display tank of about 3-4 inch clowns. I saw them there one week and they were not for sale. I went in about a week or two later and just to go look at them. They were covered with ICK. Big time. I have never seen such sick fish. They were treating them with coppersafe and it was obviously not working. They looked like they had been in a snow storm. I just got over an ick outbreak in my 100 gal. and they maybe topped out with 5 spots on them. I went in again about a week later and there was only 2 clowns left. There had been about 10. It was so sad. And they never have any healthy fish at all. I found a small LFS but it is still about 40 miles away, but at least the fish look healthy and clean. This is the m