Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (3)

ICH!

Posted By: Jeremy <kestler@socal.rr.com>
Date: Wednesday, 20 December 2000, at 2:02 a.m.

First I wanna say I just found this forum, and already have found some great info.

Im kinda a novice here, and have set up a wonderful 30 gal community tank. Things have been going smooth in my tank for about 9 months, however just recently I purchesed two platties from a LFS and just noticed they are infected with ich. This is upsetting mostly because I feel the rest of my tank may now be at risk. When I first started this tank I sadly went through about 3 loaches before I found the harmony with my Clowns, Yoyo's and Khulies that I have now. Even though its just these 2 new fish ive just added that seem infected should I do a whole ich treatment in the tank? Im just worried treating the tank would cause harm to my loaches and gouramies that have been very healty. Because of these two fish I was that unfortuntly have ich should I start the