Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (3)

Hate to keep bothering you all but....

Posted By: Lorene <momwth3@earthlink.net>
Date: Saturday, 23 December 2000, at 11:55 a.m.

I just have a couple of really stupid questions that have been racking my brain since I stumbled on this site and have been reading all the posts.
1. This "clicking sound" everyone talks about, I have never heard Kinko "click" What is that sound and do all clowns do it and why?

2. What is a weather loach, and why do they call them weather loaches, is there another name maybe I can find at my lfs...

3. What raises and lowers PH? Does salt affect it?

I know these probably seem like dumb questions but I would really like to know.

I also came up with the solution to a problem that arose last time I had to medicate my tank...
I dont like the idea that I have to remove my carbon filter as then I have no filtration in my tank so I fixed it. I have a Bio wheel mini and took the old filter, opened the floss on one side and emptied out the carbon... Viola!!! A filter without carbon to use in a medicated tank!!!
Not bad for someone who doesnt know what a weather loach is...LOL ;.)

Messages In This Thread

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (3) is maintained by Jeff Shafer with WebBBS 4.33.