Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (3)

Oh no not again....

Posted By: Lorene <momwth3@earthlink.net>
Date: Monday, 25 December 2000, at 10:06 p.m.

Bad news I'm afraid... It seems as if Ghandi has got either a tumor or dropsy. He is VERY bloated on one side and seems to be blind now. I dont know whats wrong! Even though I have been doing everything possible for him, he is just going downhill really fast. His scales on that one side are almost completely gone as his belly is so swollen up, he keeps swimming into the heater and bumping into it head on and when I tried to net him he didnt even swim away, as if he didnt even see me or was too weak. He seems to be suffering and I dont know what to do. I havent another tank to put him in and I dont know what to do about "putting him down" as in the right and humane way if I have to. Advice please???