Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (3)

what have i done to deserve this?

Posted By: ben <constantine@xtra.co.nz>
Date: Wednesday, 27 December 2000, at 3:20 a.m.

I've just arrived back home from a week away ...
i guess something went wrong with the heater; poached loaches :(
I had 19 (11 clowns, 8 giant kuhlis)
3 clowns and 1 kuhli left .
yes, I'm gutted.

The kuhli seems fine, but one of the clowns seems exhausted ... She's in a quarantine tank now . Time will tell .

How can I prevent this happening again ? That is to say , what equipment can I buy, and what would you guys recommend ? I love my fish, I'm heartbroken they're gone , I feel so guilty .

I take pride in providing my friends with as hospitable an environment as possible ... I do daily water changes/tests , feed them fresh scallops, oysters and other treats that I wouldn't ever buy for myself .. I'm not looking for a maintenance free aquarium . However, I want to keep the chance of mechanical failure to an absloute minimum . This is my first disaster and by god it'll be my last .

Your opinions are valued, please share your knowledge.

Ben

Messages In This Thread

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (3) is maintained by Jeff Shafer with WebBBS 4.33.