Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (3)

freeze-dried bloodworms vs gravity

Posted By: ben <constantine@xtra.co.nz>
Date: Saturday, 30 December 2000, at 4:46 a.m.

Does anyone have a good way to get freeze-dried bloodworms to the bottom of the tank? Next time I'll get frozen ones, but for the time being I'm sticking them into the top cap of an ugf uplift tube (which I part-bury in the gravel) and the clowns sort of suck them out the slots . If you get my drift :)It's not ideal , is there a better way?
For those who recall my poached loach disaster (what have i done to deserve this thread), I haven't had any further losses, and the survivng clowns have just this afternoon begun to take food again ... I've picked up another 3, 2 of the new guys love their home (they're only little). The third, my alpha loach Jessica (aka Jess, Jessie, Jess The Mess)spends all her time hiding. She's four years old and about 5 inches I guess. I got her from a pet shop at the other end of the country (US$50) and flew back home with her on my lap . She hadn't been out of the tank she was in at the store, ever . So no doubt it's all a bit new and scary for her, wee soul . I take it a longer settling in time is to be expected with a larger loach? Is it true that they become more nocturnal with age?

Thanks in advance for your thoughts. Which brings me to another question ... I've often been tempted to pick up some books on clowns/loaches/whatever while at the pet shop .. but then I remember how useful forums like this are and whether a book would really be necessary, particularly since I seem to read a lot on the net about fishkeeping books being wrong about lots of things . Mind you, if I were to get a book on clown loaches, what would you all recommend as the most informative?

Thanks, you guys are wicked :)

Messages In This Thread

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (3) is maintained by Jeff Shafer with WebBBS 4.33.