Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (3)

New loaches!

Posted By: catjo <toewee@sat.net>
Date: Tuesday, 9 January 2001, at 8:02 a.m.

Went fish shopping with my buddy Dave Rinaldo yesterday and bought some new loaches. I got 4 new yoyos (one that is almost solid silver) and 2 large (6") B. beauforti (I think-even after looking at all the pictures I could find I'm still not sure). So far the beauforti have done well with the clowns. If they don't they will go back. Only one comes out now and when it does the clowns surround it and swim with it. They do the hooked at the gills thing, one on each side of the beauforti.

I don't know if this is a welcome or a challenge as in "you had better behave because there are more of us than you". These guys were in with angels all their lives and were just a little nippy and that is why they were returned. I'm thinking anything will nip angels so I'm giving them a chance with the big cichlids and 8 clown loaches and 1 royal clown loach. Everyone keep their fingers crossed because I would truly love to keep these guys.

Messages In This Thread

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (3) is maintained by Jeff Shafer with WebBBS 4.33.