Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (3)

new problem

Posted By: Hope
Date: Friday, 12 January 2001, at 9:21 p.m.

I have had this set of clown loaches for 6 months. Not once was there ever a problem until now. In the same tank I have 1 tiger barb that thinks he is a clown loach has always been friendly towards the loaches and never ever has there been a problem.
The problem I am seeing now just occured this week. I thought I was mistaken on what the reason was but hopefully someone can help me out.
Both loaches were always the same size always sleeping and getting along until recently when for some unknown reason one has dominated over the other (the dominering one is much bigger healthier looking,) I notice that not only has there been a difference of how the dominering one treats the other loach but the tiger barb has now taken his name as a fin nipper in my own belief the clown loach (smaller one) is now missing part of its dorsal fin. I have taken measures to remove the tiger barb to a hospitol tank to see if things