Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (3)

shell-mates

Posted By: CD <cadeloach@aol.com>
Date: Sunday, 14 January 2001, at 3:07 p.m.

I recently moved a brooding lemon lab to a separate tank so that she could release her fry in peace. I also drained and moved an empty shell (or so I thought)from the community tank where she resided, just to give her a little privacy for the fry. Well, she entered the shell, and has barely surfaced in three days!

Last night I was asounded to see one of my clown loaches in the tank with her! After questioning my family members... who all denied putting the clown in with her, we finally decided that the loach had been hiding in the shell when it was moved, and I just hadn't realized it when I drained it and moved it.

The funny thing is, both the loach AND the lemon lab are both staying in the shell ALL THE TIME!!

They refuse to come out, even when I handle the shell. Anyone ever heard of this happening?