Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (3)

Clown in trouble....

Posted By: Jermand <Jeramnd@hotmail.com>
Date: Monday, 15 January 2001, at 10:34 a.m.

Hey there guys... Well the 1st sighn of trouble has reared its ugly head.... and whats worse I dont know why!

I over stocked too soon but Ive been doing water checks twice if not three times a day because of that... Every one else seems fine apart from one of my big clown loaches called fade. He was greyed out when I got him and has one white spot on his dorsel fin.

Over the past few days hes not been eating has greyed out more and stays in the corner beathing rapidly and standing on his front fins. The other clowns are healthy and after the fungus treatment Ive hovered and done a 50% water change.

I cant see anything else wrong with him and Iam scared to try the bacterial treatment (for the white spot) as it contains copper and I d