Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (3)

EGADS! 150 gallon!

Posted By: V3rt|g0 <yasdenvassant@hotmail.com>
Date: Sunday, 28 January 2001, at 2:31 p.m.

Well, last night we received a rather erm, *large* gift. My future brother-in-law's fiancee gave us her 150 gallon tank, with the hood and stand! As of the moment, we don't know what all else she has with it, though we shall soon find out.

My question to you experts out there on 150 gallons, is what standard operating devices would you recommend? That is, if we come to find out a few important things are missing. There is no lighting fixture attached to the hood, as well. So I'm basically asking what to get i.e. pump(s), lighting, filtration, heating, etc.

Your input would be highly appreciated, believe me. Hopefully most of the stuff is already there when the woman goes through her storage, so we won't have to go out and pay huge sums for necessities. But in case we do...well, that's why