Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (3)

Clowns and ick

Posted By: Matt <mpeck@unaonv.una.edu>
Date: Sunday, 28 January 2001, at 4:34 p.m.

I recently purchased my first clown loaches (4) and brought them home about 10 days ago. Home is a 46 gallon bowfront. Tank had been in operation about 6 weeks and housed a stable population of 2 small plecos, 3 medium silver dollars, 6 3-spot gouramis, 2 small gold sharks, 1 paradise. pH is about 7.4, temp about 79. Clowns developed ICK. Was told to use Coppersafe marine about half strength. Did that Friday - ICK got worse. Took carbon out of Fluval 303, rinsed foam pads in declorinated tap water, did about 25% water change, and did not touch 2 other media containers. Then tried another ICK med that required one drop per gallon. Today, ICK is still present (only on clowns), but ammonia readings are now present where there were none previously. HELP! What can I do to lower ammonia and get rid of the ICK. Any suggestion