Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (3)

Dead clown loach

Posted By: Gry Dolva <grydolva@hsbs.mil.no>
Date: Monday, 29 January 2001, at 4:37 a.m.

I returned to my appartment after a weekend at home, and found one of my clowns lying on his side, apparently stuck in a plant. After closer inspection I noticed wounds on his side, and he seemed fatigued. This was noon. When I returned four hours later, he was dead, but he had managed to free himself from the plant.
The wounds on his side was on both sides, it looked almost as he was cracking open from the inside, but he has been acting normally, eating normally. I did see a slight reddenning of his side the week before he died, but no change in temper. He was about 10cm, had him for 16months.

In the tank (250litres) there were 2 clowns (now only one sad one) accompagnied with 2 kuhlis, 1 weather loach, 15 neon tetras, 6 SAE and 4 thailand flying fox (garra cambodgiensis).
Water parametres: pH 6.