Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (3)

high Nitrate levels

Posted By: Regina Cunningham <regina@wnclink.com>
Date: Thursday, 1 February 2001, at 2:14 p.m.

Hi all!! Was wondering what is the best way to loower Nitrate Levels?? I have a 30 gallon tank, with 3 CLown Loaches, 5 swordtails, 2 Platies, & 5 Zebra Danios. PH is 6.5 Nitrite is 0 Water Hardness around 200PPM(pretty hard I guess?) The tank has been set up for about 1 year and is my first tank. I know this sounds stupid, but I had never tested the Nitrate level till a couple days ago... The fishall act normal, no disease or visible signs of stress-I have done 2 partial water changes now, & cut down on the amount of food.. What else can I do?? I will be setting up a new 55 gallon tank & moving the Clowns to that tank in the next few weeks... Hopefully since i am a little more knowledgeable about all these water parameters, i won't run into this problem again!! Thanks for any help and suggestions you might have...

Messages In This Thread

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (3) is maintained by Jeff Shafer with WebBBS 4.33.