Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (3)

Ich,Ich,Ich

Posted By: RanaP <Ranapip@excite.com>
Date: Monday, 5 February 2001, at 7:57 p.m.

I need some advice on an ich problem. I've been treating this tank for 5 days with Coppersafe. I started with a half dose, and raised it to full concentration the next day. Everbody seems to be handling it fine (panda corys, serpae tetras, neon tetras, clown loaches). I raised the temp from 76F to 80F. The pH is 7.2. I added some salt (though not much) and turned the airstones on full time. I haven't turned the lights off though. While the loaches seem to feel better, they have more white spots than before and are still rubbing on the gravel, several of the corys are rubbing on the gravel too, but I can't see any spots, and a serpae has spots. Should I try another medication or stick it out with the coppersafe? I haven't had an ich problem before, so I'm not sure what to expect here. Any advice or medication suggestions would be great. Thanks!

Messages In This Thread