Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (3)

trapped clown

Posted By: pudsey
Date: Saturday, 10 February 2001, at 3:45 p.m.

I lost one of my Clowns behind my filter, I couldn't find it for 4 days, but when I actually found it it had squeezed through a very small gap between the filter and the glass about 3-4mm, god knows how, you would never believe it would fit, but it did, and when I finally got it out, what did it do, but kindly showed me how it got it there in the first place, and went straight back behind it?.
Has anyone else had this trouble, my filter is a trio 3000,
does anyone know if any old kind of foam, could have any nasties in it, as it thought I could block off the gaps with foam, It shouldn't effect the filter as it is just blocking off the gaps by the suction pads that hold it to the glass. Does anyone have any ideas, my Clown was rather lifeless when I got him out, and very very hungrey, but he seems alot better now.
pudsey