Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (3)

Skunk Loach Questions

Posted By: Eric <crowshaven@peoplepc.com>
Date: Sunday, 11 February 2001, at 3:58 p.m.

I just picked up the lone remaining skunk loach at my LFS. He was just too cute to pass up. He's being added to a 20 gallon with 3 kuhlis, 1 male paradise fish, 2 female bettas, 1 SAE, and 6 white clouds. I'm probably overstocked right now (or would be if the paradise fish & SAE were full grown which they are not), but advanced age will probably take out one of the female bettas and the white clouds fairly soon.

Here are my questions:

1) I've seen on various sites that skunk loaches are loners, like a few of their kind for company, or become loners as they grow older. What is the truth?

2) Do they like to munch on snails (if yes, it's in for a treat in my tank)?

3) Are they aggressive as can be or peaceful or is it an individual personality thing?

4) My LFS said they thought the Kuhlis and the skunk loach would get on fine...Any opinions?

5) Where is he in my aquarium right now? I thought only Kuhlis could disappear that fast...wait, there he is in the cave with the Kuhlis and the Kuhlis don't seem overly amused by his presence. He's not attacking them, but he sure is checking them out and disturbing their peace and quiet. I guess I'll have to keep an eye on them, but my Kuhlis are fairly big and strong so I'm guessing they'll do OK.

Thanks for all your help!

Messages In This Thread

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (3) is maintained by Jeff Shafer with WebBBS 4.33.