Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (3)

More sick kuhlis

Posted By: shakti Maisen <smaisen@yahoo.com>
Date: Wednesday, 14 February 2001, at 12:25 p.m.

Two of my kuhli loaches had symptoms similar to those Chad F mentioned in his message--swimming around lethargically, holding their heads up to the surface, and swimming around even when the lights were on. They would also swim upside down, float down to the gravel and lie upside down, and swim in disoriented circles; I've never seen healthy loaches acting like this. Healthy loaches swim briskly; these ones are weak and let themselves be carried around by currents. One of these loaches died, and the second one is not doing well. The first loach was a new fish, so I wonder if he introduced the disease to the others. I also have guppies in the tank but they are fine. Has anyone else seen this kind of disease, and does anyone have any ideas of what it might be? From the symptoms, one online chart said it mig