Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (3)

Sick clowns

Posted By: AmyH <ahorton@intranets.com>
Date: Friday, 16 February 2001, at 10:34 a.m.

I've had 3 3" clown loaches for about 6 months. I added 2 1" loaches approx 1 month ago. I noticed one of the little guys is as aggressive during feeding, and even though the bigger guys play rough, he dives right into the fray. However, over the last week the other little dude has been very standoffish-not eating, hiding ALL the time (unusual for these guys, they like to trash the tank on a daily basis). Last night he was swimming on his side and all bent up, so I transferred him to a sick tank (empty except for 2 corys) where he promptly hid. This morning, he was being tossed in the current and barely alive so I euthanized him to save him from further agony. The other loaches seem fine, but I'm wondering...could it be that he just got clobbered too many times? Should I medicate the tank with something in the meantime as a