Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (3)

White Spots on Clown Loaches

Posted By: Wee Boogie <weeboogie@hotmail.com>
Date: Monday, 19 February 2001, at 7:51 a.m.

Hi,
I have a relatively new tank (1 month old) and in it there's 3 Platies (+ 4 babies), 2 Black Mollies (+ 1 baby) and newly arrived 3 Clown Loaches. Everyone seems happy in the tank especially the Platies who keep popping out new kiddies. The pH is between 7-7.4 and the temp is 26-27C. The nitrite and ammonia levels are at zero (or close to it). The other day I noticed small white spots on the Clown Loaches' heads and fins (some worse than others). I assumed this was "White spot" so went to the shop and bought some "White Spot" medicine. Upon reading the package it says "Be careful when diagnosing White Spot in Clown Loaches as it could be just bad water quality". Anyway, I added the medicine and 2 days later they still have the spots. Has anyone any idea of how