Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (3)

New Loach, Old Barb

Posted By: Ryan C. <RyanMattC@aol.com>
Date: Monday, 19 February 2001, at 12:50 p.m.

I recently bought a beautiful, healthy Clown Loach at my local Pets-Mart because I've been having problems with snails (thousands of them--eggs included!!) in my 20 gallon tank. Well, I brought it home, and, like any other fish, it freaked out about its new surroundings. My Mollies didn't care, but my Tiger Barb seemed to enjoy the new Clown Loach.

Since a few days ago (when I bought the CL) the Tiger Barb will chase and sometimes peck at the CL. Upon closer examination, the CL has no visible wounds. Then, towards night time, the Tiger Barb will follow around my CL as it explores its aquarium as well as search for food.

I was wondering if the Tiger Barb is ok to keep with my CL. Is there something on my CL that the TB is eating?? Should I get another CL? And, when the TB chases the CL, are they simp