Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (3)

algae (maybe) question??

Posted By: Regina <regina@wnclink.com>
Date: Tuesday, 20 February 2001, at 8:08 p.m.

I have had a 55 gallon set up for about 3 weeks now, with assorted plants and 3 pieces of driftwood. I plan on transferring the 4 Clown Loaches I already have in a community tank in here in another 3-4 weeks, along with other loaches hopefully. I moved some Zebra Danios to the tank a couple days ago, to help with the cycling process, but today started to notice a slimey looking spot or 2 on 2 of the Danios. On one piece of the driftwood, there is black looking algae starting to grow.. At least I suppose it's algae. Never seen any black before... The tank walls are have a slimey feel as well. My question is do I just need to add an algae eater? I have a 5 inch Plecostemus I was planning on moving from my 30 gallon tank anyways, to give him more room. This is my first experience with live pl