Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (3)

Spawning...(long)

Posted By: Jim Powers <jimpowers@prodigy.net>
Date: Sunday, 25 February 2001, at 5:42 p.m.

I just got done watching my Homaloptera zollengeri spawn again. They have started spawning again in the last month or so. About every two weeks(they seem to like Sunday) they have spawned. Today, I was able to watch more than previous times. The two males began chasing the female and bumping her sides with their snouts. Sometimes one male would chase the other away. Finally, the female began digging a nest near the front glass. She got very persistenat and even dug up a small plastic plant and pushed it out of the way. She and one or both of the males would get into the dug depression, the males bumping her. Eventually, a Homaloptera orthogaonatia spoiled the mood by positioning itself on the glas