Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (3)

*poor little Kuhli Loach*

Posted By: Martin <praesXSPAM@canada.com>
Date: Tuesday, 27 February 2001, at 4:05 a.m.

Hi all,

While at the local large chain pet store I asked the clerk if she had any striped kuhli loaches. It turns out they get batches in once a week, but they ALWAYS die off very quickly. They had one sick one left. Soooo I'm now the owner of a sick loach... the clerk felt guilty and didn't charge me because she knew the store was a death sentence.

Ok, he is about 1.5 inches long and fairly fat all along his body. He has good colour. Swims in circles when startled. He doesn't seem able to do much more. It is almost like his body is spasmed in a circle. He is normally fairly listless lying were ever his panicking leaves him. I've maneuvered him under a rock... not too tight, but sheltered at least. As soon as I got him there he relaxed. I haven't seen him eat, but as I said he isn't skinny looking.

The tank is othe