Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (3)

Dechlorinator questions...long

Posted By: Deb(Eastern Canada) <jeep75@hotmail.com>
Date: Sunday, 4 March 2001, at 1:32 p.m.

I use Aquaplus...the bottle says 1 capful per 10g. for chlorine...1 capful per 5g. for chloramine...My question is, I am on a city water supply and have always used 1 capful per 10g. - should I be using 1 per 5g?
My 2nd question: I have bought an "Ultimate Gravel Vac" (from what I have read must be like a Python.) You hook it up to your tap and it will suction your water out, you push up on the bottom and it will fill your tank back up. I am not sure about adding the Aquaplus during the refill. All at once before I start the refill or try to dribble it in as the water is going in?
Just thought of another question: The lfs told me it wasn't necessary to declorinate the water when you are topping up your tanks from evaporation. It was never a problem with my other fish, but where the loaches are sensitive (their skin,that is) I am concerned about adding water that may not be properly treated for them. I would appreciate any feed-back.
Thanks, Deb.

Messages In This Thread

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (3) is maintained by Jeff Shafer with WebBBS 4.33.