Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (3)

Help with clowns, & What is the perfect clown tank

Posted By: Leigh <leetle@vnet.net>
Date: Sunday, 4 March 2001, at 3:44 p.m.

I have been keeping fish for only a little over a year now. I read everything I can get my hands on and am open to any suggestions from more experienced keepers.I have 5 successful tanks set up now. I especially love clown loaches but have not had any success at it. My latest attempt which I thought would be the best was to add 2 small loaches to a fully cycled heavily planted tank. The water was fine, ph 7.6 the same as store the water is a little hard though. the substrate is a combination of gravel, sand and laterite(for plants) everything looked great for 2 weeks they were playful and eating, I was feeding frozen blood worms and sinking pellets. Last night one was on the floor, I have a glass lid with only minute opening