Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (3)

Stupid pet store chains...

Posted By: Tibor <tibor@tiborsrealm.com>
Date: Sunday, 4 March 2001, at 11:08 p.m.

I was astounded this weekend. I wanted to get some new plants for my tank, and the two closest vendors are a Petsmart and then a Petco further away. My favorite (and dedicated) LFS is about half an hour drive, so I rarely go there.

So I went to Petsmart and they didn't have the plants I wanted. Keeping an eye out for some bristlenose plecos, I looked through the tanks. And found two clown loaches, a bit over an inch long each with a bunch of tiger barbs. I was horrified. One was upside-down and unable to turn back over, and the other was starting to have bladder problems as well. How disgusting. I turned on my heel after a moment of shock and a hard glare at the guy behind the fish counter and left, never to return. Their staff has always been more than worthless anyway.

The Petco is new, so I went there and looked at the plants; had a couple bunches bagged, and then perused the tanks for a moment. The girl working there was also as smart as dirt on the subject; had no idea different plants needed different amounts of light. Anyway, found the cutest little .5-inch clowns in there - just adorable! And breaking out in ich...

Now I feel bad; I should have bought them, but where would I have put them? My angel needs the 20-gallon or the pair in the 55 would massacre him, and I couldn't put them in the big tank, because it would spread and I'd have to medicate everyone. No other cycled tanks! I've been thinking about taking back the third angel; mebbe I should have gone home, taken him back to the GOOD LFS a half hour away and then returned there to purchase the little clowns and some ich meds. I dunno. But I do know I'm really disappointed, and never going back to either one.

In any event, I felt the need to tell someone how angry I am. These poor fish have already been plucked out of their home waters, shipped off through a distributor halfway across the world and then left to die in a petstore of all places. Grrrrrrrrrr!

Tibor.

Messages In This Thread

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (3) is maintained by Jeff Shafer with WebBBS 4.33.