Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (3)

Time to treat my dojo (longish)

Posted By: Tibor <tibor@tiborsrealm.com>
Date: Thursday, 15 March 2001, at 12:14 a.m.

Okay, so in previous posts a ways back it was determined that I should use ich meds to clear up the "warts" or "pimples" that are on my weather loach and have been for some several months. So ... advice? I'm going to get an Eclipse Three tomorrow, destined eventually for my office with a betta as its sole habitant, but for now set aside as a tank to treat my beloved weather loach in. He has the skin bumps, and I really doubt he's too keen on them. I know I'm not, and that I've let it go on way too long. So ... do weather loaches demand their ich meds in half dose like clowns? And what med is recommended? I'll be checking here through end-of-workday tomorrow before I leave work and buy the tank and the meds and get busy with little Mojo. Boy, is he gonna be ticked; I've already fished him out once, and this time I think he's going to throw a fit! At least I won't bug him with high doses of Melafix...

Also, how long should this take? With the meds, the tank won't cycle. And I'll be leaving next Wednesday on a business trip for essentially three days in which I won't be able to do water changes or monitor ammonia. Should I wait until I get back?

Almost forgot - Mojo is used to a warm (80F) tank with clowns - should I reduce the temperature in the treatment tank to a cold water 75 or less, or keep him at normal temperature? This question is important also, because it determines how far in debt I go by adding or not adding a heater to my shopping list. :-)

Mojo and I welcome any responses. I do, however, think he's more eager to be rid of his zits than I am. I suspect he's in his "teenage" years anyway.

TIA!

Tibor.

Messages In This Thread

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum